You can use this recipe in all kinds of curries. Make this sauce
and add any vegetables or protein you would like.
- 2 medium onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 medium carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 70 g fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 6 stalks coriander, chopped
- 1 whole red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 x 400g tinned plum tomatoes
- 300 ml water
- 100ml Liquid Gold
- 100 ml coconut milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Blitz all the vegetables, garlic and ginger in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a large saucepan, put it on a low heat, add the spices and fry gently for a couple of minutes. Then add the onions, carrots, pepper, garlic, ginger, coriander stalks, the chilli and all the spices and fry gently for 5-10 minutes until the onions start to soften.
- Add the tomatoes, Liquid Gold, water and lentils and simmer for another 30 minutes before adding the coconut milk. Bring to the boil then remove from the heat and blend until smooth using a hand blender. Season to taste.